From relieving symptoms of asthma that are interfering with day-to-day activities to providing comfort from seasonal allergies, our Allergy, Asthma and Immunology clinic team works every day to ensure you receive comprehensive, highly personalized care that is constantly evolving.
We are committed to offering a wide array of treatments and services that provide the highest state of care-right here in Helena.
St. Peter’s Approach to Allergy, Asthma and Immunology care
Our Allergy, Asthma and Immunology clinic offers a wide range of testing and challenges to diagnose and treat conditions like asthma, allergies, eczema, chronic hives, vocal cord dysfunction, immunodeficiency and more.
We believe there are multiple ways to treat almost any condition. Whether you’re receiving care for hay fever or food allergies and everything in between, patient education is our highest priority. You’ll understand what is happening, why and what we can do to help evaluate and manage your condition.
The Allergy, Asthma and Immunology care team at St. Peter’s Health provides evaluation and management for a wide range of conditions, including:
- Allergic rhinitis (hay fever)
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- Medication allergy
- Contact allergy
- Chronic urticaria (chronic hives)
- Angioedema (swelling)
- Stinging insect allergy
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Vocal cord dysfunction
Asthma evaluation and treatment, including:
- Lung function
- Exhaled nitric oxide
- Methacholine and exercise challenges
- Access to the newest biologic medications
Allergy evaluation and treatment, including:
- Skin testing for pollens, dander, molds, foods, insect venoms and medications
- Skin prick testing for food and environmental allergies
- In-depth skin testing for medication and insect sting allergies
- Food and medication challenges
- Lung function testing
- Patch testing for contact allergies
- Allergy shots (subcutaneous allergen immunotherapy) for hay fever and insect sting allergy
- Extensive education and training in how to manage allergic diseases at home
- Medication desensitization
- “Rush” (accelerated) immunotherapy
Summer Monforte, MD is a specialist in the field of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. Dr. Monforte offers evaluation and treatment of asthma, seasonal allergies, eczema, contact dermatitis, hives, allergic GI disorders, medication allergies, insect venom allergies, and food allergies. Food challenges are performed in her office, which is a service rarely provided by allergists.
Danielle Redfield, FNP
Danielle Redfield, FNP earned her Master’s of Science degree in nursing at Gonzaga University in Spokane, Wash., and Bachelor’s of Science degree in nursing at Montana State University-Bozeman.
Allergy Patient Forms
If you have an appointment with our Allergist, please complete the forms below. You can either print it and complete it by hand or fill it out on your computer and print it.
Location(s) of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Services
Helena, MT 59601