St. Peter’s Health Pharmacy Services
The St. Peter’s Health Pharmacy Department strives to be the gold standard for pharmaceutical care in the state of Montana. We offer a wide array of innovative pharmacy services that span both acute care and ambulatory practice sites. Our department strives to provide safe, evidence-based, cost-effective care.
Our pharmacists can work with you to:
- Answer medication-related questions
- Fill outpatient prescriptions at our Broadway Pharmacy
- Provide medication therapy management through our ambulatory clinical pharmacy services
- Provide clinical pharmacist consultation for admitted patients at the Regional Medical Center, including discharge medication bedside delivery
- Recommend alternative medications that are equally safe and effective but offered at a lower cost
St. Peter’s Health pharmacists and pharmacy technicians are embedded in care teams throughout the St. Peter’s Health organization. You can find our pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in each of the below patient care settings.
Community Pharmacy setting
The Broadway Pharmacy provides outpatient prescription services (outpatient prescription dispensing, vaccinations, etc.)
- Primary care
- Oncology/Cancer Treatment Center
- Rheumatology clinic
- Allergy clinic
- Post-acute care (long term care, hospice)
- Antibiotic stewardship
- Central pharmacy medication distribution
- Clinical informatics
- Emergency Department
- Inpatient Oncology Unit
- Inpatient transition-of-care consult services (including Meds 2 Beds bedside discharge prescription delivery program)
- Intensive Care Unit
- Internal Medicine Unit
- Surgical Unit
Education and training setting
- St. Peter's Health Pharmacy Department is a training site for pharmacy students in partnership with the University of Montana.
- We offer a Post Graduate Year 1 Pharmacy Practice Residency with a focus on rural health care. Our program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP).